Stupid Single Stitches Annhiliated!!!

Wow, I'm super late :) and I'd probably be even later if not for Sae sitting right next to me nagging me to blog :p.

So updates! Well I just had my wedding which I'm using as my excuse for not blogging and not doing any HAED at all actually. I really did not touch it for about a full 2 weeks and I was really too busy to do any.

I'll post photos of the wedding later when I get them back. Overall, I'm really happy with how it all went. It was pretty stress-free, simple and I had heaps of fun. There was time to meet and greet everyone, eat and well just have fun through the day. It was really great having my whole family over here in Melbourne and of course it was awesome having Sae over here too. :)

Two days ago, I finally sat down and decided to do all those stupid single stitches that I had left over from, well pretty much the start of this year. So I laid out the last 4-5 pages on the floor, took some note paper and pencil and my entire collection of thread and spent about an hour or more clearing these stupid stitches. It took ages and I had an achy back by the end of it and all I achieved was maybe about 10 stitches! But at last, I can finally abandon those pages and not have to worry about them anymore.

Here's my photo of my latest update:



Anyway, I wrote this post last night but right now at this time of posting, Sae has just left Melbourne and I guess now everything will go back to normal. Work is also slowing down so I will have more time for HAED. So watch out Sae!! It won't take me long to catch up! Actually it will, but I will get there...

Here's a pic of me and Sae taken at the airport tonight:



Thanks so much for coming over to Melb Sae!! It was really great and made our wedding so much more special and memorable. :)

0 comments:

Prize Money Contributions

EeL's Contributions: AUD$471.63 (USD 415.69)

sAe's Contributions: RM$1681.51 (USD 494.56) (updated Apr)

Total Contributions: USD$816.12

(As of October 2009)

Competition Rules

Competition Begins: 1st May 2008
Competition Ends: Chinese New Year 2013

Goal: Complete a HAED design by the time allotted.

Designs chosen are to be of approximately the same sizes. Contestants are free to change their design half way, however it must also be of the similar size to the original design chosen.

Each month, each contestant will deposit USD$20 into a separate bank account.

Every fortnight, each contestant has to update this blog with updated progress pictures.

Prize Money:

If only one contestant completes her design by the deadline, she gets the total amount of money saved by both contestants.

If neither designs are complete, the entire sum of money is to be donated to a charity that is agreed upon by both contestants.

If both complete it on time, the money is divided in the following manner:

60% of the total goes to the contestant who completes* her design first within the deadline.

40% of the total goes to the contestant who completes* her design last within the deadline.

* For EeL, completion means full completion. For Sae, completion for the 60% winner total is 210,400 stitches, with the remainder stitches to be completed by the deadline.