A Few Good Weeks

Since I set myself my 1k limit, I've actually been pretty good with it. And I've even surged ahead last week so even though its only Tuesday, I'm already almost at 500 stitches. So I'm definitely very proud of myself these last few couple of weeks since my last update.

When I went to Tokyo 2 years ago, I found the Square Enix character shop and went on a bit of spending frenzy there. When my purchases were getting added up, they told me I could have a free gift if I spent just a bit more (d'uh). So I decided why not and got 3 keychains that I had been eyeing. A Cactuar for Chen-Po, a Moogle for myself and a Chocobo for Sae. And that got me a free note pad. Not too awesome a free gift but I didn't really regret it at the time. Its one of those really thick square pads where you tear of little squares of paper as you go through them.

Well, now I'm quite pleased I got it after all, as two years later, I'm using that pad to write down my number of stitches as I stitch. And it's definitely helping me fulfill my quota and actually motivate me to do that little bit more.

I previously tried using my laptop and my iPhone to keep track of my stitches but I found that its just such a hassle. Sometimes, writing something down with a pencil and a paper is just so much easier.

At the moment, I'm trying very hard to finish a page. But not wanting to get all depressed over the single stitches, I started stitching 2 new pages as well. Here are 2 pictures showing where I'm currently working on.






I think I'll take a break from HAED tonight and play Plants Vs Zombies :D. Check it out, its super addictive and fun. Oh, if you want to buy it, get it from Big Fish Games or Steam, its almost 3 times cheaper than Pop Cap Games!

0 comments:

Prize Money Contributions

EeL's Contributions: AUD$471.63 (USD 415.69)

sAe's Contributions: RM$1681.51 (USD 494.56) (updated Apr)

Total Contributions: USD$816.12

(As of October 2009)

Competition Rules

Competition Begins: 1st May 2008
Competition Ends: Chinese New Year 2013

Goal: Complete a HAED design by the time allotted.

Designs chosen are to be of approximately the same sizes. Contestants are free to change their design half way, however it must also be of the similar size to the original design chosen.

Each month, each contestant will deposit USD$20 into a separate bank account.

Every fortnight, each contestant has to update this blog with updated progress pictures.

Prize Money:

If only one contestant completes her design by the deadline, she gets the total amount of money saved by both contestants.

If neither designs are complete, the entire sum of money is to be donated to a charity that is agreed upon by both contestants.

If both complete it on time, the money is divided in the following manner:

60% of the total goes to the contestant who completes* her design first within the deadline.

40% of the total goes to the contestant who completes* her design last within the deadline.

* For EeL, completion means full completion. For Sae, completion for the 60% winner total is 210,400 stitches, with the remainder stitches to be completed by the deadline.