The dress of DOOM


I wish my fairy was naked...it'd be ever so much easier to stitch her then, although perhaps not very socially acceptable. :p Her dress is so tedious, and it's super slow going. I sat down and counted one large block of 100 stitches, and inside that block, there were over 60 different colored threads! I've only done the top of her dress, and there's lots more to go. The only good thing about this part is that it makes it seem like I've done a lot of work, because the colors are all dark as compared to the light background.

In other news, it feels like I've been going through a little bit of the growing up process. I've sort of started looking for a place to buy, most likely a condo / apartment. Nothing really serious, but if I saw something that was promising, well...who knows what would happen. I went to see a 800k condo about two weeks ago. It's not like I have that kind of money, but I just wanted to see what it would look like. Perhaps that was a mistake, as all I can think about now is buying that condo! Haha, if only...



I've also just started playing Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days on the DS. I played both Kingdom Hearts I and II on the PS2 (I liked KHI better), so I was definitely going to play this new release. So far, it's all right...nothing too fantastic. The graphics and sound are amazing, as I expected. Gameplay so far is ... moderate. Instead of a seamless storyline, you play missions everyday, somewhat similar to The World Ends With You. Some examples of missions would be to defeat X number of Heartless, or to defeat a particular enemy. Perhaps it takes longer to get into the game, I've only played up till day 22 so far. I mustn't get too addicted to it, though, as that'd take away some of my HAED time! :)

0 comments:

Prize Money Contributions

EeL's Contributions: AUD$471.63 (USD 415.69)

sAe's Contributions: RM$1681.51 (USD 494.56) (updated Apr)

Total Contributions: USD$816.12

(As of October 2009)

Competition Rules

Competition Begins: 1st May 2008
Competition Ends: Chinese New Year 2013

Goal: Complete a HAED design by the time allotted.

Designs chosen are to be of approximately the same sizes. Contestants are free to change their design half way, however it must also be of the similar size to the original design chosen.

Each month, each contestant will deposit USD$20 into a separate bank account.

Every fortnight, each contestant has to update this blog with updated progress pictures.

Prize Money:

If only one contestant completes her design by the deadline, she gets the total amount of money saved by both contestants.

If neither designs are complete, the entire sum of money is to be donated to a charity that is agreed upon by both contestants.

If both complete it on time, the money is divided in the following manner:

60% of the total goes to the contestant who completes* her design first within the deadline.

40% of the total goes to the contestant who completes* her design last within the deadline.

* For EeL, completion means full completion. For Sae, completion for the 60% winner total is 210,400 stitches, with the remainder stitches to be completed by the deadline.